International Trade ( Imports / Exports)
Advising clients on the following aspects of international business:
- Import and Export procedures.
- Logistics strategy for imports and exports to optimize on both cost and service level commitments.
- Export documentation, Letters of Credit and contracts with special emphasis on compliance with UCP600, INCO Terms and International Standard Banking Practices.
- Helping secure export credit insurance cover from ECGC / other export credit insurance agencies.
Technical problems related to customs clearance of import and export cargo and obtaining Duty Drawback benefits & Authorized Economic Operator status.
Foreign Trade Policy and other matters related to Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) with special emphasis on the following areas:
- Chapter 3 incentives like Merchandise Export from India Scheme (MEIS).
- Advance Authorisation/ Duty Free Import Authorisation/ROSCTL/RODTEP.
- Export Promotion Capital Goods Scheme.
- Deemed Export benefits under Chapter 7.
Policy advocacy to arrange coverage of products under industry specific specialized incentive schemes like RODTEP.
- Matters related to Foreign Exchange Management Act (FEMA) and Reserve Bank of India.
- Compliance with FEMA provisions on imports/exports.
- Remedial action in cases of default.